Advanced Diploma of Engineering - mechanical
The Advanced Diploma of Engineering is aimed towards those looking to advance in a technical paraprofessional role. This course has a strong combination of technical skills training and in-depth knowledge in applying engineering and scientific principles. It is designed for those who want to manage, design and execute engineering projects.
Enquire now for enrolment eligibility and the latest course intake dates.
On Campus and Online
Written, oral and practical
Nationally recognised training
Total Fees: AUD $29,000* AUD
Details: Includes non-refundable enrolment fee of AUD $500. Scholarships available, for more information please contact email@example.com
This course can help you get a job as a:
- Engineering Technologist
- Systems Engineer
- Production Engineer
MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
MEM16006A Organise and communicate information
MEM16008A Interact with computing technology
MEM30012A Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing, engineering or related environment
MEM22001A Perform engineering activities
MEM22002A Manage self in the engineering environment
MEM30007A Select common engineering materials
Group A – general
- MEM13015 – Work safely and effectively in manufacturing and engineering
- MEM12024 – Perform computations
- MEM30005 – Calculate force systems within simple beam structures
- MEM30006 – Calculate stresses in simple structures
- MEM30008 – Apply basic economic and ergonomic concepts to evaluate engineering applications
- MEM30009 – Contribute to the design of basic mechanical systems
- MEM30031 – Operate computer-aided design (CAD) system to produce basic drawing elements
- MEM30032 – Produce basic engineering drawings
- MEM30033 – Use computer-aided design (CAD) system to create and display 3-D models
Group B – specialist
- MEM09155 – Prepare mechanical models for computer-aided engineering (CAE)
- MEM09157 – Perform mechanical engineering design drafting
- MEM14085 – Apply mechanical engineering analysis techniques
- MEM14089 – Integrate mechanical fundamentals into an engineering task
- MEM22012 – Coordinate resources for an engineering project or operation
- MEM22013 – Coordinate engineering projects
- MEM23003 – Operate and program computers and/or controllers in engineering situations
- MEM23004 – Apply technical mathematics
- MEM23007 – Apply calculus to engineering tasks
- MEM23063 – Select and organise mechanical engineering material tests
- MEM23109 – Apply engineering mechanic principles
- MEM23111 – Select electrical equipment and components for engineering applications
- MEM23120 – Select mechanical machine and equipment components
- MEM23123 – Evaluate manufacturing processes
International Students Information
To study at the Outsource Institute you must meet our minimum requirements in the English Language. Call us to learn about our requirements.
Don’t meet our English language entry requirements, yet? Outsource Institute have partnered with English Language providers, Union Institute of Language [UIL] and Navitas English to provide international students and their families with certainty and direct entry pathway packages into our Engineering programs. Contact us today to learn more.
- English requirement: IELTS- 6.0, TOEFL IBT 46-59, PTE 43-50
- Academic requirements: Completion of Year 12 or equivalent. Non-school-leavers must have relevant
work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion.
- Experience: An appropriate candidate for entry into the Advanced Diploma of Engineering MEM60122
must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in engineering within the following sectors;
Manufacturing, Food Processing, Mining Services, General Engineering or Energy Generation.
*Note: Every application is assessed individually.
Pathways to University
University articulation pathways established with Griffith University, Southern Cross University and The University of Southern Queensland offers graduates from our Diploma of Engineering – Technical and Advanced Diploma of Engineering programs the option to continue their studies in a variety of Bachelor degree programs.
Outsource Institute (AUS) has undergone a credit assessment with The University of Queensland (UQ) and is pleased to share that students who complete the Advanced Diploma of Engineering at Outsource Institute and meet the course entry requirements are eligible for 16 units (1st year) of credit towards the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Mechanical specialisation.
Students will need to submit a request via UQ’s online form in order to receive the credit.
Worried About How Much It Costs? Well, No Need…
At Outsource Institute, we pride ourselves on our ability to find solutions to your problems. We appreciate that tuition fees can be one of the most challenging factors trying to reach your educational goals. For this reason, we offer Interest-free Payment Plans.
Let’s work out how much your payment plan will be…
Move the slider to your estimated course fees and select your term.
Duration Please choose one
Course cost Will vary depending on course
Approximately a week
Check out some of the most recent feedback from our students